Thursday, January 09, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust

Barnes & Noble has closed its bookstore in Old Pasadena after two decades of business there. We shopped at that location many times and it was a store my sons liked to go to since they were toddlers. It's unfortunate that brick and mortar businesses like this can't compete with online retailers because we're losing some cool traditional places that the next generation of readers won't get to experience. But I have to admit that I'm not a bookworm. Most of my reading is for information or research, not relaxation. As a photographer, I prefer a coffee table book with great images. My brother once considered buying a book for me as a gift. He called my wife to ask if she thought I'd enjoy it. She replied sarcastically, "Does it have words?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home