Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


I have to admit that I was feeling like Charlie Brown this Christmas season. The fast-paced, worldly & commercialized version of this special holiday really got to me. I felt the stress and strain many people feel this time each year, and especially this year because of the economy and constant barrage of bad news. The Spirit of Christmas seemed to be pushed aside. Jesus has been squeezed out of his own birthday celebration. Christ has been taken out of Christmas. It has become X-mas. I heard more "Happy Holidays" greetings than "Merry Christmas". If you're a Christian, you realize how sad this is. On the other hand, I understand the true meaning of Christmas and I'm grateful for the gift God sent us - a Savior. Jesus was born to save us from our own sins. . .to re-establish a personal connection with God. He loves us! And that's the greatest gift of all.
So, look past the glitzy facade and materialism today. There is a deeper, more spiritual meaning to this day. May you find peace in your heart and a spring in your step, just like Charlie Brown did after hearing what Christmas is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home